Product, business, tech, news and ideas.
It has been widely acknowledged that the biggest change to transform the modern funeral industry has been the rise in cremations.
According to the Cremation Society of Great Britain, the cremation rate in the United Kingdom has been increasing steadily with the national average rate rising from 34.70% in 1960 to 72.44% in 2008 and all signs point to a continuing rise.
However operating a crematorium can also signify your biggest liability. We have all heard the horror stories, and lawsuits being brought against crematories, such as the most recent scandal at Shrewsbury’s Emstrey crematorium between 1996 and 2012, whereby up to 60 families were unable to receive their babies’ ashes. The Shropshire Council-commissioned report said poor training and out-of-date equipment were mainly to blame and the council said it would be shocked if there were not similar cases. Other breaches include the unauthorised mingling of cremated remains or the cremation of remains without proper authorisation, all nightmare situations which can cause irreparable damage to your business and reputation.
The importance of managing a crematorium cannot be underestimated and the fact that many crematoriums still rely on old, outdated methods such as paper forms, excel spreadsheets or outdated computer systems with little updates to capture and manage their information, it is of little surprise that such errors occur.
In light of this PlotBox are delighted to promote our comprehensive cemetery and crematorium administration system, a powerful tool that can help run and transform your operations.
PlotBox software features a user friendly interface which is clear, intuitive and self-explanatory; you can host detailed records of all of your cremations and any associated documentation.
Key Features of the PlotBox Crematorium Software incl:
- User Navigation
• Easy to use, clear interface which doesn’t require specific technical ability and also features an ‘activity log’ showing an audit trail of all cremation bookings.
• Ability to edit fee tables for cremations, funeral director & user lists and multiple diary configuration.
- Search Facility
• Full search facility on all key data creation fields including cremation number, deceased surname & forename, data search and partial name search.
- Cremation Details
• Ability to hold all details required for a cremation such as; cremation number, cremation date, surname/ forename of the deceased, age, dod, place of death, district, registration certificate number, funeral director name and address, religion of the deceased.
• Ability to record the retention of metals, hold all data required for the cremation of the foetus and all data required for the cremation of a body part.
- Finance & Accounts
• Produce Invoices & statements either by email or paper and allows payment by chq, cash or card and custom finance integration such as Aggresso or Quickbooks.
• Produce detailed and custom reports at me any time.
• Fully interactive mapping module which can be used for memorial gardens, using geo-rectified imagery we GPS tag each memorial and link it to the memorial record. Or we can give you the tools to do this yourself, use our IPad App and you can tag the images yourself, an option currently being explored by our customers.
This is a snippet of what PlotBox can offer!
Save yourself and staff loads of time and help increase productivity in the workplace, you will be amazed at how much more efficient your crematory operations will become.
Our customers are impressed by our innovation and customer care, so perhaps it’s time for you to see what PlotBox can offer.
Click here to sign up for a demo of our Software
Or if you have any queries, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org